COVID-19 Update: Opening Hours & Services
We are at this time considered an “essential service” as deemed by the Ontario government.
For the health of staff, clients and pets, Escarpment Pet Retreat is adjusting some of our regular operating procedures. We will continue to provide day care and boarding for both dogs and cats. Our regular business hours (8am to 8pm) may be modified as necessary throughout this health crisis. Please call 905-333-0333 for current updates.
We appreciate all individuals helping during the COVID-19 pandemic and are here for your pets when you can’t be!
For The Safety Of Your Pets
For the safety of staff, clients and pets we’ll continue to maintain high levels of cleanliness with additional sanitization of high traffic areas used by both staff and pets. As a reminder, all pets are kept separate and will not come into contact with others.
We have asked staff to follow more strict preventative measures to keep them safe. All staff are asked to:
- Wash their hands frequently, before and after dealing with every visitor.
- Disinfect all doorknobs/crates, leashes/harnesses, and common areas, before and after every interaction with your pet.
- Practice physical distancing (outside of work hours, dealing with customers, etc).
- To notify our management team if they are not feeling well and to stay home!
Dropping Your Pet Off
We kindly ask that if you’re dropping off your pet to call us when you arrive and remain in your vehicle for us to come out and safely exchange your pet to reduce the risk of infection. We also ask that you only bring your pet’s food. At this time we will not be accepting any personal bedding, blankets or toys. We have Kuranda beds available for your pet’s comfort and they are disinfected daily, or as needed.
If you’re unable to drop your pet off at our facility we do offer a pet shuttle service.
For such cases, we ask that you place your pet’s food out front before we arrive. Once we arrive we will call you to let you know we are out front and ask that you follow the steps below to reduce the risk of infection:
- Should you have a crate for your pet, wipe down the crate with a disinfectant.
- Should you have a crate, open the door and place your crated pet outside the front entrance.
- Leave a 6 ft space for us to come and pick your pet up and safely return to our vehicle.
We know this may seem impersonal but the safety of everyone involved is our top priority! If you have any more questions don’t hesitate to give us a call.